Ms. Fremlin is a highly experienced corporate attorney, overseas investment strategist, and corporate specialist on cross-border investments and international business expansions. She has worked with numerous Fortune 1000 global Asian and US companies, including Japanese investors in the 1980s, US investments into China in the 1990s and Korean investors in the 2000s. Ms. Fremlin advises on corporate structures, real estate investments, company acquisitions, joint ventures, US subsidiaries, branches and representative offices of foreign companies, capital raising, financing transactions, tech transfers, licensing agreements, and dispute settlement, litigation, and arbitration.
- Managing Director and Principal, Barsily International Ltd
- Formerly Equity Partner in Four Amlaw 100 Global Law Firms, K&L Gates LLP, Steptoe & Johnson LLP, Foley & Lardner LLP, Graham & James LLP 1981-2018
- Formerly Co-founder And Shareholder Of Global Edge Inc., a legal software startup for banks and financial services companies
- Harvard Law School, EAST ASIAN LEGAL STUDIES
- University of Virginia Law School, J.D.
- Senior Editor, Virginia Journal of International Law
- George Washington University, B.A. In Intl Politics, Phi Beta Kappa
- Admitted to practice law in CA, DC, NY, and was a registered foreign lawyer in Hong Kong
- National and International Experience of working and living in LA, DC, NY and Hong Kong
- Led the senior management team of a top Korean conglomerate on the investment and establishment of new auto assembly facilities in Toledo, OH, and Detroit, MI, as part of its US business expansions as a supplier to one of the Big Three US automakers
- Acted as Legal Counsel to the South Korean Government on the negotiations of the US-Korea Free Trade Agreement, which took effect on March 15, 2012, and transformed the trading relationship between the two countries
- Protected the IP rights of a top Korean tech conglomerate in the US utilizing US patent litigation strategies including a trial victory at the US International Trade Commission
- Facilitated the development of a trophy mixed-use office/retail building for a US real estate developer and Japan’s largest homebuilder starting with the land purchase, real estate development JV, building design and construction agreements, commercial leases, and ultimately the sale of the developed project for a profit
- Raised US$100 million in a secondary stock offering on the NYSE for a Japanese consumer products tech company in a complex capital fundraising where the issuer did not own the land use rights nor the factory in China for its production
And many more important international business trade deals and affairs.